Friday, July 13, 2012

linked 52: Family

Family.
My idea of family is people that are there for you through thick and thin.  I have many family members by blood or marriage but I think it extends beyond that.  This topic has come up a lot recently in my life.

I was divorced last year.  I still have a decent relationship with my ex and with his family -- my family.  I still consider them my family too.  After being married for almost 9 years (together for 3 before that), I can't just abandon the relationships that I've formed.  I'm fortunate enough to have them still accept me as part of their family too.

This is the summer of traveling and the summer of family.  I took a vacation with my sister in May, road trip to visit my in-laws at the end of June, road trip today to visit my dad, and road trip in August to visit my cousin and her family.  Whew.  I love my family enough to spend my summer in the car to visit them.  :)

Taken in ND visiting my in-laws.  My new nephew.

Taken on my vacation with my sister.


Taken a couple of years ago at our family reunion.  My crazy family (dad's side).


It was taken at my dad's house.  Where we are headed to today.  Right on the lake.  I spend my holidays with about 50 % of these people.  They are a hoot.

Next vacation:  Chicago.  We were there already once this year visiting these lovely people.  My cousin and her family (plus a friend).


My little family.

Not trying to gloss over any of my other family.  You can read more about my mom here and my dad here.

Be sure to check out these other ladies to find out all about their families:  Michelle, Stacey, Andrea, Tracey, Heather, Jenn, Jessica, Amanda, Kristin, Amanda, Sara, Tracy, Lesli, Janet, Naomi, Rhonda, Rose, Heidi, Kristi, and Jean

8 comments:

  1. What an amazing summer of family! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I love this. I am still accepted in my ex's family too. It's so sad when the splits are so severe.
    You are very blessed to have such a large family.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Love your blogs - your pictures are great!!
    I do need you to fill me in on this 'linked 52' thing though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree that family extends beyond the blood ties. So cool to have friends and family around to support you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you. Family for me falls just as much outside blood relations as it does within. I'm so glad you are able to maintain those relationships despite the divorce. :) Love all these images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family is much more than those were directly related to! I totally agree! Your new little nephew is a cutie patootie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes yes. I am SO happy you have been able to keep up those relationships after divorce. I think it's so important, not only for you but also for your kids.

    And I ADORE that photo of you and your sister. A framer, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that one of you & your sis! Maybe because, sisters really are the best!! And the drooling baby! :) And large family photos like that w/ little ones, gosh... they always crack me up! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I can't figure out how to e-mail back and say thanks so Thank You now! :)