Monday, August 6, 2012

The challenge

I've been absent from my blog.  That includes my "linked" posts on Friday which I am really missing.  I've been dealing with a challenge.  (I've also had Olympic fever, but that's for another time.)  This is the challenge:


He moves around so much I couldn't really get him all the way in focus.  This was after demonstrating a flip.  He has Olympic fever.  :)  This also came after a 20-30 minute meltdown. 

They have been happening for the past month or two.  Unlike he has ever behaved before.  Nothing at home has changed and I haven't really noticed a pattern in these outbursts.  What I do know is that I'm at a loss. 
He just hasn't been himself.  It's so frustrating to see him so angry when I don't know what set it off in the first place. 

He has always been an easy one to redirect.  I most often have success getting him interested in something else.  I have had very little success doing that during these outbursts.  It's kind of exhausting. 
Thankfully, this does not happen every day or even every other day.  I just wish I knew what I could do to make it better.

These are the types of things that make me feel like I'm failing as a parent.  Not overall, but in these situations/ right now.  Ugh. 

Love him so much.  I just want my happy, little, fiesty (but not so defiant) boy back. 


He really has the best faces / looks.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's a tough one... I wish I had some great advice but I don't. Probably the best thing you can do, and are probably already doing, is just to be there for him. Maybe give him a great big bear hug during his outbursts?... (Someone gave me that advice and I tried it a couple of times.) Hang in there Carla! Just keep loving him and hugging him and kissing that sweet little guy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I can't figure out how to e-mail back and say thanks so Thank You now! :)