Thursday, October 14, 2010

Staples

I jinxed myself. I jinxed the family. Last weekend I mentioned how I was shocked that neither of the kids had needed stitches yet. Then came today . . .



the hole. I'm not trying to be graphic but it was one of the grossest things that I've seen. When his teacher brought him to my office and I saw the blood I figured that I would clean it and find a gash. When I saw a hole, I couldn't hold back my tears. You can't see that well in this picture but I could kind of see inside his head. My poor baby.
We went to the doctor, they numbed his head, cleaned it out, and stapled it up. 5 staples -- his first war wound. The staples can come out the day after his 5th birthday -- 5 staples for a 5 year old.





The staples. The picture quality is quite poor because I was using my phone and it doesn't have the best camera. The fact that my subject wouldn't stop moving didn't help either. As my assistant said -- I have my own little Frankenstein for Halloween.

I'm so thankful that everything turned out ok.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!!! Poor little guy! And poor mama. I cringe just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I can't figure out how to e-mail back and say thanks so Thank You now! :)