Friday, March 2, 2012

linked 52: Spirit


When I thought about this weeks prompt, many ideas ran through my mind.  Do I take a picture of these beautiful doors that I've been admiring on a church that I drive by?  Do I take a picture with some awesome light to embody spirit?  (I couldn't even come close to Stacey's gift of light so that was out the window.)  :)  Do I take a picture of James because he's "spirited"?  Then I went to the women's expo on Saturday and walked passed the perfect picture.

Spirit:


I wish that I would have had my big girl camera with me but I had to make due with my phone.  These adorable kindergarten - 2nd grade girls were in the hall practicing their routine.  They were adorable.

It made me think about when I was a cheerleader way back in the day.  I have some fantastic memories from hanging out with those girls.  Flashback time.  You know you were wondering what I looked like back then.  Well, I couldn't find any pictures of me in my albums but I found one that someone had scanned on facebook.  That's me in the middle of the back row.  Can we say "scrunchies"?


That was just one season of cheerleading.  There were also some others.  Does anyone recognize the lady on the left?


Yep, it's her.

I did find this gem though.  One picture from a photo booth strip that we took during the basketball tournament.  My head is ginormous.  That's my BFF, Amy, with her chin in my head.


My friend (who is also my son's awesome preschool teacher) has decided to join us -- check out Jean's blog too.

Be sure to check out these other ladies to see their take on "spirit":  Michelle, Stacey, Andrea, Tracey, Heather, Jenn, Jessica, Amanda, Kristin, Amanda, Sara, Tracy, Lesli, Janet, Naomi, Rhonda, Rose, Heidi, and Jean

11 comments:

  1. I so love that you did this for spirit! What an awesome walk down memory lane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA that is an awesome take! I thought of cheering too but I wasn't one and my kids aren't either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great capture of spirit! And I just LOVE seeing old photos of friends. :) I didn't realize you went to high school with Stacey. Fun! Funny how when you look back at old school photos we all look like little kids. At least that's how I feel. Great post, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man!! I'm dying over these pics!~! Thanks for posting them! hahaha!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if anyone would be doing a cheer post!!! You did not disappoint! LOVE the throw back photos. AWESOME. Hey, scrunchies were cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've got spirit yes we do, we've got spirit how 'bout you!?!

    I was a cheerleader myself back in the day and have many similar photos, scrunchies and all. These are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. So I knew once I saw your pics of the pom-poms that old cheerleading photos would be coming. Then I saw the first one and searched for my face and breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't see it, then I kept scrolling. :) Wow, talk about a blast from the past!! :) I'm so happy you picked this way to interpret the theme. Totally made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is awesome. totally love your interpretation of this week's word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sweet little cheerleaders are so cute.
    You need tons of spirit to keep up that level of energy.
    Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhhh you guys are SO cute :)
    love the way you showed spirit...literally :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the interpretation. So fun!! Didnt know you and stacey knew each other! Fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I can't figure out how to e-mail back and say thanks so Thank You now! :)