Thursday, January 17, 2013

nobody asked if I was ready for this

There are many milestones in a child's life:  first tooth, first steps, first day of kindergarten, etc.  As a parent, we anticipate these are excited to watch them happen.  At the same time we might dread them a little.  (Maybe it's just me?)  The arrival of these milestones means that are beloved babies are growing up.  We aren't all ready for this to happen.  I'm pretty sure nobody asked me if I was ready for this:




That's right.  My little peanut lost his first tooth today.  He tried calling me from school to tell me but of course, I was in a meeting.  :(  It's ok -- I got to see him right when he got off the bus. 




the little pillow I made him -- you can't see that the white part is in the shape of a tooth and is a pocket so he can put the tooth in



This has been a long time coming.  Joe is 7.  I know many children that lose teeth before they even go to kindergarten or while they are in kindergarten so it's a little out of the ordinary for him to have not lost one yet.  No one ever said we were ordinary.  :)

photo courtesy of James

So happy yet so sad to see my baby reach this milestone.  He's growing up so fast . . . *sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I can't figure out how to e-mail back and say thanks so Thank You now! :)