Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

I thought now that the new year is approaching I should finally get around to posting something about Christmas.  After all of the festivities were done -- we opened presents on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday -- I realized that I did not take very many pictures.  Considering I've been known to take 100 pictures on an afternoon to the park, it was very strange not to be snapping away.  I think that I was too "in the moment."  I'm okay with that.  I had a wonderful time with my family.


A White Christmas? . . . we got it.

The snow helped set the mood -- thank goodness my drive wasn't bad.  Last year I had to leave town a day early to beat the snow.  It did look beautiful though.

Holiday spirit? . . . we got it.


I do love a decorated tree.



Two adorable boys? . . . we've got them.

Of course, I had to have them match.  Cut me a little slack here people -- I didn't have a girl that I could dress up in all sorts of cute little outfits.  Dressing them alike is my substitution.  :)

Santa? . . . We got him.  (or rather, we fed him)

We like to offer Santa an alternative to cookies because we think that he might get sick of them.  This is what we put out at grandma's house.

Presents? . . . we got them.

Joseph asked Santa for Legos this year.  This is what Santa brought.  It amazes me how he can read the directions himself.  I pick the pieces out for him (to speed the process along) and he follows the picture diagrams.  He made this himself.  :)

James asked Santa for cars this year.  He got cars and a track.  That Santa -- he always gives the best gifts.





A few more pictures from the long weekend.  The boys sleeping on Christmas Eve, Joe with some of his favorite presents (a Batman blanket and Batman hat and gloves), James hiding by the chair and with his "mink" (pink is a favorite color right now) car.  The got everything that they wanted and more.

What?  You want to know what I got?  I got the best gift ever, but that deserves a post of its own.  Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! So funny, Santa gave Eli a bunch of cars and trucks too!

    And I think I know what your present was! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I can't figure out how to e-mail back and say thanks so Thank You now! :)