Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th in Fairmont!

After more than a decade of spending the 4th of July in either the cities or Mandan I traveled down to Fairmont for the weekend.  We left on Sunday and came back today.  It turned out to be a great weekend.  We spent the most of Sunday at the lake with family taking rides on the boat (thanks Dave and Rhonda) and the jet skis (thanks Christi and Kyle).  I skipped the jet skis but enjoyed a boat ride.  I was just happy to visit with everyone since I don't get to see them as often as I'd like.

After all of the swimming and boating we broke out the mini grill for dinner.  We had some hot dogs, chips, s'mores and bacon.  Yep, that's right -- bacon.  Eli insisted there be bacon.  Is there ever a bad time for bacon?  Anyway, we headed over to my aunt Marlene's house and watched a firework display courtesy of Scott and Marti.  We also had more s'mores.  :)  The kids loved it -- the only bad part was the mosquitos.

Monday consisted of hanging out in the backyard with the boys and a bbq.  The boys had a good time playing in grandma's pool and then playing with all of Olivia and Bryan's toys at their house.  We did attempt to watch the fireworks that night but the boys were tired and fed up with the mosquitos so they didn't last very long.  Great weekend with family!

James got new Jibbitz just in time for the 4th.  :)

A little collage of the beach fun that was had.


A few pics of us having our little picnic.

Love this one of Joe's sandy little feet complete with Toy Story bandaid.

Don't know why he just sat in the water but I found it adorable.

One of my favorites.  I didn't even ask them to do it -- that makes it even better.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I can't figure out how to e-mail back and say thanks so Thank You now! :)